Not Sure Where To Start?
Connect With Me
Hosting I Use & Recommend
Tag Archives: hosting services
If you want to build a website, you'll need somewhere to host it. Check the fine print; there are often limitations that you don't discover until you go to implement the functionality you need and discover you can't do what you need to.
My requirements are:
- Linux based hosting. (Well, anything other than Windows, really).
- Support multiple domains for no extra cost.
- Handle WordPress and Joomla!
- Performance: a “good” landing page assessment from Google Adwords.
- Reliable: no downtime from pingomatic in a month.
- I don't require shell access, as long as there's a control panel to configure everything.
Here are the hosting services I've used, and the gotchas I came across:
I currently use HostGator to host all my new sites, and recommend it. Here are the pros and cons:
- Great 24/7 online support.
- Strict mail policy: 500 emails/hour limit. You must use throttling, and even then